GLASGOW, DELAWARE (2/9/2018) One firefighter was injured this afternoon while fighting a blaze in the Four Seasons neighborhood in Glasgow, authorities said.
The fire was reported shortly after 2 p.m. in the first block of Sunny Bend.
Heavy flames and smoke were coming from the home when firefighters from Aetna Hose, Hook & Ladder Company of Newark responded.
Other fire departments were called in to assist.
Investigators from the Delaware state Fire Marshal’s Office determined the blaze began in the kitchen when overheating of the oven during cleaning ignited grease.
Damage to the home was estimated at $150,000.
The injured firefighter suffered burns to his ears and face and was taken by ambulance to Christiana Hospital for treatment.
No other injuries were reported.
The fire displaced two adults and two children living in the home, and they will be staying with relatives, said Robert Fox, chief deputy state fire marshal.