$75,000 fire damage at Swell Tiki Bar near Rehoboth Beach

Photo: Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company

REHOBOTH BEACH, DELAWARE (9/4/2014) Fire caused $75,000 damage early today at the Swell Tiki Bar & Grill in West Rehoboth, authorities said.

Rehoboth firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the roof and attic area of the unoccupied building when they arrived at 37285 Rehoboth Ave., in the Henlopen Junction shopping center.

The fire was reported at 1:21 a.m. Firefighters from Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, Indian River and Bethany Beach were on the scene for more than two hours.

No injuries were reported.

Investigators determined the blaze originated in the attic area and was caused by a malfunction in branch circuit wiring, said Harry R. Miller, chief deputy state fire marshal.

Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company photos

Indian River Volunteer Fire Company photos

Simonds Garden playground fire ruled arson