GLASGOW, DELAWARE (3/23/2017) Two men have been charged in a series of armed robberies in New Castle County over the last three months, Delaware State Police announced today.
Brandon C. Dixon, 29, of Middletown and Darius K. Johns, 26, of Wilmington, were arrested by Delaware State Police troopers on Friday shortly after they robbed the Estectica Y Peluqueria Salon at 2105 W. Newport Pike in Stanton, police said.
The other robberies:
- Sino Garden, 749 N. Broad St, Middletown, Jan. 17, (Dixon)
- Dunkin’ Donuts, 301 N. Maryland Ave., near Wilmington, Jan. 23, (Dixon and Johns)
- Alondras Bakery, 2307 W. Newport Pike, Stanton, Feb. 1, (Dixon)
- J&K Liquors, 19 S. Broad St., Middletown, Feb. 21, (Johns)
- Valero, 38 E. Main St., Middletown, Feb. 27, (Dixon)
- Burrito Bandito, 227 N. Maryland Ave., near Wilmington, March 4, (Dixon)
- El Navado, 13 N. Broad St., Middletown, March 9, (Johns)
In Friday’s robbery at the Estectica Y Peluqueria Salon, police said the pair entered the business holding guns about 8:15 p.m. and demanded money from employees and customers, then fled with the loot in a Saturn Ion. The car was stopped by troopers a short distance away, and evidence linking them to the crime was found in the car, police said.
Charges they face from state police include first-degree robbery and weapons counts. They also face charges from Middletown police for crimes in that jurisdiction.
Both were being held at Young Correctional Institution in Wilmington, Dixon in lieu of $382,000 cash bail and Johns in lieu of $180,000 cash bail.