BROOKSIDE, DELAWARE (1/5/2016) One person was taken to a hospital after fire broke out in a Todd Estates home Monday evening, authorities said.
The fire in the 100 block of Kenmark Drive was reported at 5:53 p.m.
Aetna Hose, Hook & Ladder Company of Newark responded to the fire.
One resident suffered a burn and was taken to Christiana Hospital, said Michael G. Chionchio, assistant state fire mashal. She was treated and released later in the evening.
Chionchio said the fire started when cooking materials ignited on the stove top. Damage, estimated at $700, was contained to the kitchen.
The fire was ruled accidental.