DOVER, DELAWARE (9/1/2015) Six men were charged with rioting after a fight involving more than 50 people in the Manchester Square neighborhood, Dover police reported Monday.
“As officers from the Dover Police Department attempted to break up the fighting, a large crowd gathered, becoming disorderly and hostile towards police, as they made arrests,” Master Cpl. Mark Hoffman said.
Officers from Cheswold, Camden, Smyrna and Delaware State Police were called to assist in managing and dispersing the crowd on Stevenson Drive about 8;30 p.m. Saturday, Hoffman said.
Those arrested on rioting and loitering charges, with additional counts listed:
Keon Cornish, 21, of the 1200 block of Garfield Drive in Dover. Resisting arrest, offensive touching on police officer. Held without bail, revoked from previous charge.
- Eric Stewart, 23, of the 100 block of S. New St. in Dover. Possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Released on $2,501 unsecured bond.
- Lewis Harrell, 24, of the first block of Harmony Lane in Dover. Offensive touching.
- Antwon Peace, 18, of the 3900 block of Peachtree Run near Camden. Offensive touching, resisting arrest, menacing, criminal mischief. Released on $3,300 unsecured bond.
- Anthony Clark, 16, of the first block of Mifflin Meadows in Dover. Offensive touching. Released to parent/guardian.
- Kairi Buie, 17, of first block of Park Lane in Dover. Resisting arrest, offensive touching. Released to parent/guardian.