BEAR, DELAWARE (5/20/2015) Six people were taken to Christiana Hospital with apparent carbon monoxide poisoning early today after being sickened when fumes filled a home in the Woodland Trails community, according to reports from the scene.
Emergency medical crews were called to the home in the first block of Topaz Drive just after midnight.
Christiana firefighters found high levels of carbon monixide and ventilated the building.
The four adults and two children were taken by ambulance to Christiana.
Cpl. Abigail E. Haas of New Castle County paramedics said all six had symptoms consistent with carbon monoxide poisoning and were in stable condition.
The victims were a 53-year-old woman, a 61-year-old man, a 24-year-old woman, a 27-year-old man, a 7-year-old girl and a 9-month-old girl, Haas said.
Ambulances from Christiana and Delaware City responded.
Haas said early symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include headache, blurred vision, nausea, general malaise, lethargy and dizziness. She said homes should have carbon monoxide detectors since the gas is colorless.