City police urged motorists to use alternate routes to avoid delays.
- 18th Street from N. Van Buren to N. Broom
- Lovering Ave. from DuPont St. to N. Van Buren
- Park Drive North
- Park Drive South
- Restricted traffic on Market St (between Park Drive N. & Park Drive S.)
- Suggested Parking: Baynard Stadium & Salesianum School
Downtown—Wilm Grand Prix Criterium Course (Friday, May 15 thru Sat, May 16)
Market Street (between 4th and 10th streets) will be reduced to special-access only traffic beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday, May 15. Please do not plan to drive on Market Street after 6 p.m. on Friday. Market Street returns to regular traffic patterns after 8 p.m. on Saturday, May 16.
- Market Street will be closed on Saturday, May 16 until 8 p.m. (5th & 6th streets reopen at 7 p.m.)
- 5th, 6th 7th , 8th , 9th & 10th streets will be closed between Shipley & French streets beginning Friday, May 15 at 6 p.m. through Saturday, May 16 at 7 p.m.
- 10th Street will be closed between Shipley & French streets beginning Friday, May 15 at 6 p.m. through Saturday, May 16 at 8 p.m.
- 11th Street will be closed between Market & French streets beginning Saturday, May 16 at 6 a.m.
- 5th & 6th streets will reopen Saturday, May 16 at 7 p.m.
- King Street will be closed between 4th & 11th streets on Saturday, May 16, 7 a.m. thru 6 p.m.
Sunday Closings (May 17)
- Kentmere Parkway (between N. Grant Ave. & Delaware Art Museum only) – 6 a.m.-8:30 a.m.