Woman injured in fire near Dover

DOVER, DELAWARE (3/27/2015) A 50-year-old woman was injured in a fire near Dover this afternoon, authorities said.

The fire happened shortly before 3 p.m. in the first block of State Circle in the Capitol Park neighborhood.

Dover firefighters extinguished the blaze inside the kitchen of the home, said Michael Chionchio, assistant state fire marshal.

The woman, with burns to her left shoulder and left foot, was taken to Bayhealth Kent General Hospital. She is in good condition, Chionchio said.

He said the fire started on a stove when cooking oil ignited when it was left unattended.

Smoke alarms alerted the occupants to the fire.

Chionchio said the blaze was ruled accidental and damage was estimated at $5,000.