GREENVILLE, DELAWARE (3/19/2017) A fire heavily damaged a jewelry store in Greenville early today, authorities said.
The blaze was reported about 2:30 a.m. inside the Jewelry Exchange, 4001 Kennett Pike. The store is in the Greenville Crossing II shopping center.
An automatic sprinkler system contained the flames until firefighters from Talleyville arrived.
The fire began in the rear of the store with an electrical malfunction involving a refrigerator, said Michael G. Chionchio, assistant state fire marshal. The cause was ruled accidental.
He said damage was estimated at $100,000.
No injuries were reported.