Fire at home near Lincoln ruled accidental

LINCOLN, DELAWARE (4/26/2016) A fire that caused $35,000 damage to a home east of Lincoln has been ruled accidental, authorities said Monday.

The blaze broke out shortly after noon Sunday in the 22000 block of First St., off Brick Granary Road.

Firefighters from Carlisle Fire Company of Milford found heavy smoke coming from the building when they arrived. They were assisted by firefighters from Houston, Ellendale and Slaughter Beach and had the blaze under control shortly after 1 p.m.

Investigators from the Delaware state Fire Marshal’s Office determined an electrical failure in a branch circuit started the blaze.

No one was home at the time and no injuries were reported.